I am a competent and creative business copywriter with experience in content design, websites, brochures, reports, bids, tenders and other such wordy endeavours. In 2014 I launched Big Talk, a boutique writing, editing and communications agency. You can talk to me here or there about your needs. I can:
From the mouths of horses
- John Bardon, Account Director, MergeRight
- Justina Bruno, Expand Design and Marketing
- Jess Smart, Community Kitchen Coordinator and CERES Training Programs, CERES Environment Park
- Mike Tate, Partner & E-Commerce Consultant, The Kongo Group
“Vanessa came to SecondBite’s rescue by finessing the descriptions of our two nutrition programs. Beyond all expectation, Vanessa incorporated our preferred language into these descriptions and ensured that they reached out to our specific target groups. We love Vanessa’s expertise, professionalism, generosity, timely communication and enthusiastic nature and we look forward to working with her in the future.”
- Liza Barbour, Nutrition Programs Manager, SecondBite
"Vanessa was recommended to me to help me refine and rework my extensive existing web copy for a rebrand and relaunch. She helped me trim my content by around a third, clarify my key messages and made sure I was emphasising my unique selling points appropriately for my audience. She also helped me edit and finesse some brochure copy, and gave great feedback on the look, feel and functionality of my new brand. I found Vanessa's straight forward communication style, eye for detail and timeliness helped to keep me on track, and would recommend her in turn."
- Patrick Hollingworth, Motivational Speaker and Leadership, Teamwork & Safety Business Consultant
- Karen Jordan, Senior Editor, Northstar Travel Media
- Jessa Boanas-Dewes, Director, Toot Sweet
- Louise Kuramoto, Program Manager, R E Ross Trust
- Aliki Dimitrakopoulos, Principal Photographer, Soul Impressions Photography
"After years of cobbling together our copy in-house, we realised we lacked that certain panache and pizzazz that all good copy needs. We needed a professional wordsmith. We engage Vanessa to rewrite our product websites site copy, to give our press releases more punch and to assist in special projects. Vanessa responds to every brief – no matter how big or small – with on the ball concepts, feedback and words, and helps us to create an engaging and consistent voice. We couldn't be more delighted with the outcome."
- Clint Twomey, CEO, My Rewards